Vacuum Sealer £25 in Lidl

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HisDudeness

Reaction score
Cant resist a new gadget! No idea if its any good but £25 is a decent price from what I have looked at previously.

Went in to see of they had any of that Titanic Plum Porter which I fancied trying (but they didnt) :-( then saw this so not a wasted trip after all (bit more expensive though!) :grin:

2015-11-30 10.32.03.jpg

I've loved it in pubs, and bought a couple of bottles from lidl as a treat. Nowhere near as good, the plum flavour seemed a lot more artificial.

I've loved it in pubs, and bought a couple of bottles from lidl as a treat. Nowhere near as good, the plum flavour seemed a lot more artificial.

Bugger! So many real ales taste so different in the bottle. I had Landlord in a bottle once. Nothing much like the real thing. I guess pasteurisation doesn't do it much good.

just took delivery of an Andrew James one....

though they did balls my order up ordered rolls and bags got the rolls and a dozen tiny glass jars...bit random.

oh i love gadgets.... resealed leaf hops and pellets from todays brewday worked well...

Last edited:
I'm so slow sometimes (I blame the home brew this evening). I'm reading the op thinking 'yeah, cool gadget but why would that be useful'

Then I see the update HOPS, OF COURSE! :doh:

Not wanting to rub salt into the wound, but I've just got back from lidl having snapped up some more bottles of plum porter. I didn't see any any vacuum sealers though. :sad:

I'm so slow sometimes (I blame the home brew this evening). I'm reading the op thinking 'yeah, cool gadget but why would that be useful'

Then I see the update HOPS, OF COURSE! :doh:

Not wanting to rub salt into the wound, but I've just got back from lidl having snapped up some more bottles of plum porter. I didn't see any any vacuum sealers though. :sad:

Their random stocking of things is one of the most exciting/frustrating parts of shopping there! Still havent checked the other Lidl in town yet :doh:

Latest posts

Back