todays BIAB

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brumbrew

Regular dufus
Reaction score
Using up old stock so here's what I've done.

2.5 kg marris otter
.5 kg Amber malt
1.0 kg light DME

Mashed at 68℃ for 1.5 hours.

Strained through a bag and sparged with 80℃ water.

Final yield 17 litres.

Boiling now with east Kent holdings and target additions. May dry hop with Chinook

Will top up with some cool water to around 20 litre.

Using mangrove Jack's Burton union as its all I have.

Forgot pics :-(

IMAG2156.jpg

IMAG2157.jpg

IMAG2158.jpg

Well that looks alright to me!

The PM brew I do are typically 2.5kg MO, 250g of something else then 1.7kg of hopped LME (i.e. a kit).

I should think that this will be OK :thumb:

If people want to guess the OG and FG for a free bottle. Get your estimated gravitiy readings in. :-)

Looks good to me, I did a use up hops and stuff brew recently as its turned out to be one of my best so far if a little over carbonated.

I was putting my stuff away last night and found another kilo of MO and two bags of DME so might do a little mid week brew and dry hop it to within an inch of its life.

Birthday next month so using up everything I can.

Again of people want to guess gravity closest one wins a bottle.

Shameless bump here

FREE BEER!

Just guess og and fg to win a bottle. I only use swing tops so you'd be getting one of them.

Only two takers so far. Sorry to our Japanese counterpart it would be to risky. You wouldn't want a soggy box of glass would you :-(

1049 - 1013

Been trying to calculate the malt I have into future brews, you gave me the idea of an all in final Barley Wine/Russian Imperial Stout brew, but that's a few months off.

Latest posts

Back