The Home Brew Festival 2017

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robsta

Reaction score
There are so Many people i want to thank for making this weekend a fantastic event, Firstly a massive one goes out to all our sponsors and Andy H (brewington) for contacting them without your support the festival wouldnt happen,so here is the list make sure you visit their sites and show your support to us by using them for your equipment and ingredients.... The Malt Miller,Craft Brewing Association,Bridgewater Brewing, Murphy & Son, BrewBuilder,Brew Uk,Angel Homebrew,Idle Vally Brewing, Keg Kingdom, Market Bosworth Brewstore, Hops4U, Oak Homebrew, The Homebrew Company, Wibblers, Worcester Hop Shop, Youngs, Camra, Everards, Inkbird, Powell Brewing, Brew Store, The Grainfather...............Next are the people that attend the festival without you coming, the event would not be worth doing so thankyou to each and everyone of you............I want to thank all of the lecturers for taking time out of their busy Schedules they were excellent and i heard excellent comments on your delivery, BIg thanks to Tony Barnsley for his Water Treatment lecture, Mark from Grainfather for doing a brew off against the Braumeister, it will be interesting to get the results from Tony to share with you all. Ivor Johnstone for your two slots on building a brewery it gave the fesitval a great buzz....Ron Pattinson for coming all the way from Holland to give a speech on Vintage brewing and also for signing Books, it was great to have you stay behind after to have a chat with all of the homebrewers and a one to one level as well..... staying to have a beer.......The judges that attended the festival did a remarkable job and our appreciation goes to each and everyone of you, I want to thank Peter for stepping in for Phil Turner as he became ill in the Friday night and woke up with a very sore throat and could hardly talk, It is a shame as he as been looking forward to it for the last 6 months.
We decided this year to look for help in catering and Andy Hooke found RJS Caterers, let me tell you now these are two of the nicest people, and their food is out of this world, we have aready booked them for next year to do all of the catering. Big thanks Richard and Jody................Not forgetting the band we Hired TOP SECRET what can i say superb and all that listened to them have asked me to get them back next year check them out on you tube and give them a call, you wont get a better bunch of lads that can play that good...
Lasty please have a beer for the whole committee for their hard work in organising everything and then coming a day early to set it all up I believe they did a brilliant job....Not forgetting the volunteers that also came and really chipped in to help set up and clear it all away, this shows you have passion for the festival and want it to work... which is great for all home brewers......We did have a couple of hiccups but it is only our second annual event and we can learn from that and make it better for our future events........I am sure this will be edited either by Andy or Ryan because of my bad spelling and grammar or they will add things that i have forgotten...GET YOUR BEERS ON FOR 2017, SEE YOU ALL THERE......Below you will see all of the winners and runners up to this year competion Well done and congrats to all of you...

0s.jpg

0x7a.jpg

0x11.jpg

2b.jpg

0h.jpg

0m.jpg

13b.jpg

19c.jpg

19f.jpg

31d.jpg

The Home Brew Festival 2017 will be taking place at Market Bosworth Rugby Club again 9th - 11th June 2017- more details will be shared with you in due course, but get it in your diaries.

We are also very happy to announce our wonderful caterers, RJS Catering, will be joining us again.
We have listened to your feedback and will be working with them to develop a fantastic menu!

Didn't pay much attention to this years event due to a clash in the diary so what is this event all about etc

The event is for all home brewers to come along to chat about brewing you can show off your beers on the festival bar, or even enter the competition to get great feedback from bjcp judges.

We find some great lecturers to talk about different aspects of home brewing.

It a fun weekend to be enjoy by all.

We are open to members or non members see website later in the year for the prices for camping and merchandise etc.

look forward to seeing you there Beercat will post more details once they are set in stone

Camping is available Prices will be posted near the time so keep checking back.

This year was my first and as a relative newbie I can vouch for it being really well run, informative, friendly and a great way to sample the widest range of beers/ wines in one weekend! My (non-brewing) mate who came along was genuinely surprised by how good the set-up was and by the quality of the beers. :thumb:

Nearly went this year as a last minute thing, but have put it the diary for next year.
:cheers:

Look forward to seeing old and new faces next year will post more as i organise it..

Thanks for everyones input on all the forums we have set the date for 9th-10th and 11th of June 2017 at the Market Bosworth Rugby Club again.

We will be opening up the booking in Late December early January to give you enough time to get your brews on and yourselves booked in.

See you all there hopefully

I have included the entries from last year to give you a rough idea of how we came to the styles with everyones help.

2.JPG

1.JPG

for next Junes Festival Hope you can make it...

THBF are Looking for Volunteers

As you know setting up and breaking down the festival is hard work, we are looking for at least 10 helpers.

What will this incur:

Coming down on Thursday 8th of June 2017 approx 12 Noon to help set up the 2 marquees and 2 Bars.
Taking down everything on the Sunday Morning and packing it all in the Van.

For anyone that is up for this we will make sure you are taken care of over the weekend "FESTIVAL incentive".

Camping is available on the Thursday night for those that have to travel.

PM me directly

THBFCFLYER2017.jpg

Beer_Friday.jpg

Thanks to all the replies upto now..that will be coming Thursday to help...Camping is available to anyone that can make it we will have some food on the go and once bar is set up some thing to drink not sure what yet tho.

Walesales
Dads Ale
Andy Rice
Alan Bersfeord

-------------to be confirmed
Steve Shelton
Simon Knowles

Postby Robsta » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:22 pm

Normally we would start this in January but as we are opening the booking earlier this year and redoing all the bar related stuff for next year we need a good idea of what's coming our way.

The usual rules apply, just post what you are bringing and I shall update the list closing it a month before the festival incase we need to order any last minute bits.

All donations are VOLUNTARY and are not a condition of attending the festival, the choice is entirely down to you

Last year we had 130 gallons on the list but again we need more as more came last year than anticipated, however we were unable to put some on due to no information being provided or sediment being left in the container thus making the beer murky, please ensure BOTH of these things are taken care of before bringing your beer.

A newsletter will go out closer to the time with more details.

Kyle_T - 4.5 Gallons - Cask
Dennis King - 5 Gallons - ?
Joe1002 - 4.5 Gallons - Cask
Tim_n - 8 Gallons - Cornie
Rob Walker - 5 Gallons - ?
Krazypara - 9 Gallons - Sankey
Brewington - 4.5 Gallons - Polypin
Robsta & Ryan - 9 Gallons - Cornie
Gary_B - 4.5 Gallons -Sankey

Total: 54 Gallons

wupledging.png

Status