Ash beck bottled water and star san

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garmel52

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this happen.ive been brewing for a few years now sanitising with star san in Ashbeck bottled water and haven't had a problem until now.i mix my usual amount of star San to the 5 litres of water everything looked fine until I looked closer and saw what look like pieces of white threads floating around and the mixture starting to go a bit cloudy.normally the mix is crystal clear.Im not sure if it's the water or the star San that's the problem any thoughts????

Maybe the alkalinity of the Ashbeck bottled water has increased - not use it myself so cannot comment.

I do use Starsan though, just with my tap water and it does go cloudy once mixed up.

Cloudy starsan is fine and still works if the ph of your mixed solutions remains at 3 or lower. You need to test with ph paper, if you need to get soe ebay uring pph test paper and buy a book of strips for a couple of quid.

As long as the starsan solution is at 3 or less then its works as a santiser. Try your tap water, could be better than the Asbeck now if the ashbeck has changed !

Back