WOW - 'Red' attempt... ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
A mate of mine fermented a DJ of Lidl RGJ for a year and brought it round one night, it was pretty good...

so got me thinking about fermenting 25L of mostly RGJ (20L) with some tea and a little water, coupla of 'keys' :lol: of sugar and some dried elderberries and some oak chips (lhbs stuff).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9214IswqPyMRjRZcFpBSVdPTE0
Can be that bad eh ?

Would be slightly more expensive to make than the usual WOW cos of the juice content, assuming the RGJ is �£1 a litre (Lidl or asda) and a few squid for the other stuff

anyone made anything similar recently ?

Pretend its red May-16.JPG

I did 2 litre of RGJ in a DJ once, the end result was very bland, maybe try a gallon first.

I have found this juice deficient in all respects for making wine. I used 2 litres per gallon and added 10g of oak chips and 150 g of dried elderberries to good effect. This improved the colour, body, acidity, tannin content and flavour. Another enhancement is 100 ml of blackcurrant syrup.

Hmm bit of a mixed bag 😀

I should really get a dj or two for experiments.... Mrs S would love that

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Haven't made anything I haven't drunk all of right enough 😮

That's either a testament to my hb prowess or a sad reflection on how I will drink pretty much anything haha 😓

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looking back the only wine i never made again was the original orange wine it really was a bit rough but as it was my first we happily downed the lot.

Back