Geordie getting turbo'd

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerhammer

Reaction score
I was given a Geordie Winter Warmer kit at crimbo,and its bben sitting in the brew locker ever since.Im going to stick it on at the weekend and heres the plan(as I have reports its a pants kit)

50g fuggles hop tea.
Ikg brew enhancer.
1 tin of black treale.
Brewed short to 20ltrs.

Will report back with findings on first qc in about a month.

Any ideas welcome.

The last brew I bottled was a John Bull IPA with 1kg brew enhancer 1 tin Lyles Treacle and a hop tea and I get to try the first bottle this Friday. My only reservation is that the treacle adds a lot of fermentable sugar and my brew's ended up at about 7.5%, which is about 2% stronger than I wanted. The golden syrup doesn't beef up the ABV quite so much.

I was given a Geordie Winter Warmer kit at crimbo,and its bben sitting in the brew locker ever since.Im going to stick it on at the weekend and heres the plan(as I have reports its a pants kit)

50g fuggles hop tea.
Ikg brew enhancer.
1 tin of black treale.
Brewed short to 20ltrs.

Will report back with findings on first qc in about a month.

Any ideas welcome.

ginger, I tried my first bottle of my Jon Bull IPA with the treacle and it's bloody awful. I should have just used brew enhancer, 50g of honey, a hop tea and left it at that. That's what I get for being a smart ****.

To play with the beer I found best is start it off in standard fermentor once it has got going syphon into 5 demijohns and do different things or different amounts with each demijohn then only 8 pints spoilt not 40. All well and good once you have found the combination you like, but to start with just do it with 8 pints.

Tried mine after about a week in the bottle,awfull gunge it was.However,just tried it now some 7 weeks later(i think) and its nice.Smooth as silk.Just shows.Patience is king👍😊

Latest posts

Back