VinClasse Dried Active Wine Yeast 1Kg Bulk Tub

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Personal91

Landlord.
Reaction score
heya guys and gals i remember reading that someone on here was using this yeast pack and was wondering what it is like

and also what kind of percentages can i achieve with this ?

I ask as i am getting everything ready for a shed load of diffrent turbo cider recipes that i should like to try in the next 2 weeks, 17 demijohns are just waiting to be cleaned out and get'ta'bubblin!

I use this yeast. Usually buy a tub for about £6 off eBay which lasts me a year. I make lots of wows with it and turbo ciders, although recently using cider yeast sachets with sweetener for tcs which I prefer. A good reliable yeast though and never fails for me. Hope this helps..

I use this yeast. Usually buy a tub for about �£6 off eBay which lasts me a year. I make lots of wows with it and turbo ciders, although recently using cider yeast sachets with sweetener for tcs which I prefer. A good reliable yeast though and never fails for me. Hope this helps..

im glad to hear it works - but what sort of abv were you able to achieve ? i have just been using ec-1118 champange yeast for my turbo ciders as it will really keep powering through the sugar so it comes out to my liking of taste

have you thought about adding your own sweetner eg lactose as brewing yeast cant break it down

I use it on my wow to achieve 12% ish with no problems. As for sweetener in tc I used to just add 2 tsp of granulated silver spoon sweetener per 500ml at the bottling stage which worked out fine..

have you thought about adding your own sweetner eg lactose as brewing yeast cant break it down

Oh why would you use lactose as a sweetner? I Pity those who might have an intolerance to it that you feed your cider to..lol

Oh why would you use lactose as a sweetner? I Pity those who might have an intolerance to it that you feed your cider to..lol

it was just an example for a type of sugar that wouldn't get broken down

and unfortunately my body doesn't love lactose so no practical for me :oops:

Latest posts

Back