Malt, hops, yeast, Free to a good home - Manchester

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeepys

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a whole bunch of ingredients that I am just not going to be able to put to good use… with various stuff going on in my life at the mo (all good, no sob story!) I’m just not going to get it all turned into beer.

I don’t have the patience to properly itemise what’s here but broadly speaking I have;

- 6x 5 kg bags of malt (unopened) Maris otter and pilsner. Expires March 23.
- a selection of various roasted malt, torrified wheat and odds and soda of all kinds… some is certainly not expired but some might be quite old, so depending on your view of using some older ingredients it may or may not be useful to you. I’ve always been of the opinion that a bit of old stuff won’t hurt too much if it’s a small part of the mash but that’s just me!
- about 10 different packs of dried yeast. All sorts in there and the ones I looked at all expire in 2024
- 8 packs of vac packed hops. All sorts here, a few packs of Saaz, citra, mosaic, EKG etc… most of these look like they expire in 2024 also.

All Malt has been stored in air tight containers in a cool, dry cellar so will in about as good condition as possible given it’s getting on a bit. I think I bought it all mid last year but can’t remember.

free to a good home… but if someone wants to swap a bottle or two of homebrew for it when they pick up then that’s fine by me also! am based in Stockport and it’s ready for its new home now.

See photo attached.

Message me if any interest!

1675533186111.png

Attachments

• 9AB2E83A-ADF3-438C-B534-665015857E07.jpeg
    9AB2E83A-ADF3-438C-B534-665015857E07.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Great offer please only apply if you are a member with 10 plus post score

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d love to take this lot off your hands. I’m in Marple and will happily supply you with a selection of home brew for your kindness.

Just as a comment, I wouldn't get too literal about best-before dates - dry yeast has a half-life of about 10 years, and hops and malt stored well (and sealed if hops) don't suddenly turn horrible on the day of BB date, it's not like it's milk or something that suddenly "goes off".

So if the good stuff is something like a baby, you should be OK to leave it until life is easier - and eg overnight mashes and no-chill can both reduce the size of a brewing timeslot on a single day if that's a problem.

Another idea if you're really determined to get rid of it, would be to give it to a homebrew club to use as club prizes - I'm not sure if the Macclesfield one survived lockdown but Manchester and Chorlton are both going strong :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mancshomebrew/https://twitter.com/ChorltonBrewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back