Homebrew android phone apps

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ale

Reaction score
First of all Ive got an android phone so not really interested in iPhone apps. I'm thinking of making the move after a few kits to try a simple AG brew and am looking at recipe builders. I am aware of the Brewers Friend one, but wondered if there are any good (and preferably free, but I will pay if I need to) android apps for recipe building and general home brew advice.

I use beersmith 2, it's well worth the small fee. Wort is a decent free one.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have the Beersmith app, which links into the cloud so is accessible from Beersmith on my laptop, which is very handy. As a stand-alone mobile app, it's definitely worth the price.

I previously used BrewR which is free and decent enough, but Beersmith is much better.

I just use the Brewers Friend website on my mobile. It's fully mobile compatible and you can get a free account which allows 5 recipes. Once you've done 5 all grain brews you will be hooked and won't mind paying a few quid for a subscription.

I love the Brewers Friend system. I found the interface much better than Beersmith. I know Beersmith is very good but I didn't find it intuitive.

Wort is a great little app. It's a freebie, but there's a paid version if you want to support the developer (I have #moralhighground :))

I love the Brewers friend pc desktop version but didn't like the android interface and it seemed to be missing some of the functionality. This has made me a bit wary of trying any others yet

Latest posts

Back