Kveik APA bottle swap anyone?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan125

BIAB brewer
Reaction score
If you fancy trying something a bit different I have a couple of bottles of my 'Up The Kveik' APA that I'd be up for swapping.

I went for a steady APA recipe to see what the Sigmund's Voss Kveik Yeast (from yeast bay) would bring to the party.

The recipe is below and I think the yeast suppresses the hops a bit but adds an interesting slightly orangey tartness, sort of a bit like a very mild saisoniness. Hard to explain, but let me know if you want to try one - I'd be happy to swap for any kit, extract or AG brew that has an interesting twist of any sort.

This was a cloudy brew out of the keg so I'd expect the same out of the bottles, although I'm hoping that cold conditioning in my lovely new keezer at super low temp will help with this a bit.

I have bottle packaging that I can send for you to return with your bottle.

24L batch
4.8% ABV
37 IBUs

Maris otter 5.3kg
Wheat malt 250g
Caramalt 100g
Aromatic 100g

Chinook 18g - 60mins
Cascade 50g - 5mins
Nelson Sauvin 10g - 5mins
Cascade 50g - Steep post boil
Nelson Sauvin 10g - Steep post boil
Cascade 100g - dry hop
Nelson Sauvin 20g - dry hop

:cheers:

I'm interested too if you fancy anything that I have in my signature?

I don't have the Greg Hugh's book so haven't tried any of his recipes.
The elderflower sounds interesting though if one of them would be OK?

I don't have the Greg Hugh's book so haven't tried any of his recipes.
The elderflower sounds interesting though if one of them would be OK?

That's fine with me! I've moved since the last bottle swap we did so ill send you a message with my new address.

If you have a 3rd container (mine are all out waiting for return...) my black Sabbath stout (stout with a wiess bier yeast) is hitting the very drinkable stage.

If you have a 3rd container (mine are all out waiting for return...) my black Sabbath stout (stout with a wiess bier yeast) is hitting the very drinkable stage.

Cool - I do have a 3rd box. PM me your address and I'll get a bottle in the post. The stout sounds interesting.

Tasted mine just now.

A really good pale ale with a nice hop combo (first hb I've had nelson in - works very well with the cascade).

Cloudy as expected but a great aroma and flavour despite quite a lot of yeast stuck in the opening of the bottle due to transit.

Hope you enjoy the stout.

20161029_164423.jpg

Quite cloudy in the glass, i thought it might have cleared a bit more even after being through the post or is that the style?
Fruity pear aroma
Perfect balance of bitterness over hoppyness for me!

Could drink plenty of these! Think i might need the recipe for this!

Bottle arrived today. Pretty shaken up so I will leave it settle until next week. Will post yours tomorrow.

I enjoyed your patersbier as the 1st of the day yesterday - phone playing up so no piccies I'm afraid.
It was a lovely quenching drop - very pale, clear & nicely carbed - very quaffable with a mild yeasty fruitiness.
Spot on - thanks for the swap

I enjoyed your patersbier as the 1st of the day yesterday - phone playing up so no piccies I'm afraid.
It was a lovely quenching drop - very pale, clear & nicely carbed - very quaffable with a mild yeasty fruitiness.
Spot on - thanks for the swap

Glad you enjoyed it. Still haven't got round to yours, had a few weeks off the beer ill and then went out to the pub on Saturday so haven't had many beers at home.

Latest posts

Back