red berry recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineglass36

Reaction score
Hi I have around 8lbs of mixed home picked frozen berries, What do you recommend I use with it to make 4 gallon......
ie how much fruit juice and sugar Thanks

I am a novice but if it were me I would use those to make a nice country wine depending on what they are. No shop juice. I think 4 gallons is optimistic though doing that, more like 2 or just over.

I started winemaking again after a long break and did a blackberry on 3.9.16. Have a few gallons of wow etc on the go and some bottled but already the blackberry ( just ready for bottling ) knocks spots off them all.

Depends on the mix of berries, personally would'nt like to mix blackcurrent with blackberry, strawberries and raspberries. The later three ok to mix together 40/40/20 mix should be ok. Are they physically mixed together?

I do a mix of rooster choke cherry and blueberry that always turns out wonderfully, I just bottled up 10 gallons of that and 5gal. straight blueberry. My husband made up a nice fruit medley that has a lot of fruits in the red family that while if was Perkin blew it's cork/stopper 3 different times. I've still got stains on my ceiling from that.

Sent from my RCT6272W23 using Tapatalk

I do a mix of rooster choke cherry and blueberry that always turns out wonderfully, I just bottled up 10 gallons of that and 5gal. straight blueberry. My husband made up a nice fruit medley that has a lot of fruits in the red family that while if was Perkin blew it's cork/stopper 3 different times. I've still got stains on my ceiling from that.

where do you get your blueberries from ?

This year I traded 2 1/2 bushels of apples for about 40 pounds of blueberries, there are acres and acres of blueberries within a mile of my house I usually drive up the road a bit an pick what I need after the landowners have cleaned the field, what they tend to leave is along the edge.

I do a mix of cluster choke cherry and blueberry that always turns out wonderfully, I just bottled up 10 gallons of that and 5gal. straight blueberry. My husband made up a nice fruit medley that has a lot of fruits in the red family that while if was Perkin blew it's cork/stopper 3 different times. I've still got stains on my ceiling from that.

The "rooster"that I wrote in the first post is suppose to say cluster choke cherry ... My apologies

Back