BT Scamming calls. NOT

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have had six phones calls today claiming they were from BT and to tell me that my internet would be disconnected in an hour due to faulty traffic coming from my PC.
Already clued in I went along pretending to do what he asked and when I asked what pressing CTRL+R would do on the keyboard he asked me to wait so he could get his supervisor.Off course I hung up at this stage.
Next call hung up whilst laughing so he persisted to ring claiming again he was from BT with a middle eastern accent (no disrespect),so all he wanted was to confirm my PC ID number so I asked what my IP address was for my router but he couldn't so I politely told him to f@#£off whereas he then proceeded to call me a dumbf#£k.Gasp!!!
I asked again if he was a BT employee and yes was the reply.
I said if that is the case surely it's against protocol to swear at a customer as calls are recorded and he hung up.I think he was having a bad so they rang back later with a woman on the line and this time a Bradford number and of course when checked it's another scam.
So if you get a call report it as I did or have a laugh and make their day....
Mods feel free to edit or remove post..

Sent from my ALE-L21

Been getting these calls for months sometimes several a day, only claiming to be from talk talk they even know my account number which is no surprise as talk talk have been pretty lapse with there security.

Depending what mood I'm in i either hang up or string them along for as long as possible.
Was considering changing supplier because of it but if bt is no better.

I contacted BT and what the scammers do is take a high profile company and its pot luck but they keep trying with different people at different times.
All they want is access to your PC so they can take whatever information you have stored on it.

Sent from my ALE-L21

I like stringing them along but not actually giving them any info - that's if I've got some time to waste.
One must have caught me on a bad day once because he called me 'mate'. I asked him if we had ever met before and when he said that we hadn't, I told him that I didn't see how he could consider me a friend if we had never met/spoken before and then hung up on him.

I like stringing them along but not actually giving them any info - that's if I've got some time to waste.
One must have caught me on a bad day once because he called me 'mate'. I asked him if we had ever met before and when he said that we hadn't, I told him that I didn't see how he could consider me a friend if we had never met/spoken before and then hung up on him.
That's terribly rude of you
MATE:lol::lol::lol:

This reminded me of when I worked for EDF Energy in Hove. An Indian guy who worked there as on the phone for ages while I was talking to someone behind him. He kept saying he was in Hove and not India but they wouldnt believe him In the end I leaned over near his phone and said "Its Hove actually" (in case you are not aware people who live in Hove always say this when people say they live in Brighton). They believed him then on hearing my English accent.

But one of the best ways of dealing with calls like this is to say its your wife they need to talk to, then put the phone down near the TV which you turn up, then shout things like "Get your f***ing fat **** down here you f**ing bitch, there's some c**t on the phone for you and such like until they hang up. You can have great fun with this one pretending you are having an argument, fighting or all sorts. And of course because they are scammers it doesnt matter what they hear, its not like they are going to phone the police. Just make sure its not genuine first, that could be embarrassing.

Oh don't worry I've dealt with these before and had great fun one day for quite a while till I told I didn't have the internet although I had a computer hehehe....

Sent from my ALE-L21

My ol Mam had a great reply for unsolicited marketing calls, she would explain she was busy and suggest they give her their home number so she could call them back later that night, they would invariably reply with an excuse qualified with "and i dont take work calls at home" to which Mam would say "Neither do we good bye".

If plagued by the calls set up the phone number as a premium line income earner, then you can draw out the calls for as long as you like ;)

Pretend to go along with them and go so far then tell them you aint got a computer and if they don't waste your time you wont waste theirs

Latest posts

Back