£60 off wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compare it with the Lairthwaites one, and I think you will find with the Lairthwaites one you spend less of your own money, even though it's only £40 off. Now that's proper Yorkshire.

yeah had a wee poke about the site-wanted £60 minimum after vouchers- total joke-will stick to making my own wines methinks lol

bobsbeer said:
Compare it with the Laithwaites one, and I think you will find with the Laithwaites one you spend less of your own money, even though it's only £40 off. Now that's proper Yorkshire.
I saw one of those vouchers in some of Mrs. Mole's Christmas shopping from Amazon and had a quick glance at the small print, I'm sure it said the average case price was £89.ninety-something, so you've still got to stump up fifty quid.

You do still have to spend your own money. I went onto their site to have a look. Whether their wine is worth the money I don't know. I'm not a wine expert, I just drink the stuff. :D

all the reds we had last year were top notch....some were 8.99 if bought separately,

the £60 voucher is against a £99 case ...so its £39 for 12 bottles.... +4.99 next day delivery,,,

Haha yep I didn't see that bit thought it was to good to be true. Think ill just order a case.

Laithwaites wines are some of the best ive ever had and more than equal £20/30 pound bottles elswhere

It's all about price v quality - £5-6 a bottle isn't a lot for what's normally very decent wine - I've had wines from both laithwaites (via the Sunday Times Wine Club) and Naked Wines and they are all generally very good.

But for whites/roses I make my own now which are as good as anything I buy in a shop and cost 40p a bottle.

However, with laithwaites it's generally a "we'll send you a case unless you cancel it" and Naked Wines you need to become an angel to get the best prices meaning that you deposit £20 a month into their "savings" account, and then use that to buy the wine. You can withdraw the money at any time by cancelling the account though.

Horses for courses.

Latest posts

Back