16g CO2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tombo

Reaction score
I have acquired 2x mini 10 liter kegs from dark farm (the tall ones) they came with the tops with taps and the 16g CO2 capsules. Does anyone have any experience with these please? ie. How many 16g capsules will they take, on average, to carbonate and dispense 10ltr of beer please (10-15psi).
Or would it just be cheaper in the long run to get new keg spears with the standard ball lock fittings for disconnects along with tap shank adapters to connect the taps directly to a liquid disconnect and run off my 6kg bottle please? That would be quite an initial outlay though.

Last edited:
Hey, would likely make sense to prime with sugar and naturally carbonate, then just use the co2 to serve - as I think you'd fly through the cannisters to force carb. I did see a chart previously but can't remember were.

I'd personally move to full co2 cannisters if you have a local supplier, will be a lot cheaper.

I've got 2 of these, on average I use 2 CO2 bulbs per keg. I don't carbonate, just dispense: my "real ale" type beers go in the kegs, if I want more carbonated beers they get bottled.

You can get a sodastream attachement, or go for a full CO2 setup, but if you do that you may as well use Cornies.

Hey, would likely make sense to prime with sugar and naturally carbonate, then just use the co2 to serve - as I think you'd fly through the cannisters to force carb. I did see a chart previously but can't remember were.

I'd personally move to full co2 cannisters if you have a local supplier, will be a lot cheaper.
I've already got cornies and 2x 6kg CO2 bottles. I'll see if I can make a work around.

I've got 2 of these, on average I use 2 CO2 bulbs per keg. I don't carbonate, just dispense: my "real ale" type beers go in the kegs, if I want more carbonated beers they get bottled.

You can get a sodastream attachement, or go for a full CO2 setup, but if you do that you may as well use Cornies.
Already have cornies and full size CO2 cylinders. Thinking the 10 ltr kegs would be handy and more portable etc. when I go out

Latest posts

Back