1st extract

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobby

Reaction score
did my 1st extract yesterday a london pride, much more fun than using kits makes you feel like a proper brewer :D only took a couple of hours and as it was pouring down again i had nothing else to do so :( the smell in me house was lovely even the mrs agreed, got up today and it has a lovely white head so the yeast is doing its stuff now just try and wait a few weeks which will be the hard bit. i will still do the odd kits for quickness i needed but enjoyed this much more so ill stick to extract until i got the whole hog to ag

will report back on the final product :cheers:

Pearlfisher - that's an all grain kit, so you would need to either go for a full all-grain setup, or Brew-In-A-Bag method.

Extract brews use either Liquid or Dried Malt Extract (LME or DME) and you then add your chosen hops whilst boiling the brew.

I'm thinking of doing an extract brew - really interested to hear how you get on Jobby!

What recipe did you use?

fbsf said:
Pearlfisher - that's an all grain kit, so you would need to either go for a full all-grain setup, or Brew-In-A-Bag method.

Extract brews use either Liquid or Dried Malt Extract (LME or DME) and you then add your chosen hops whilst boiling the brew.

I'm thinking of doing an extract brew - really interested to hear how you get on Jobby!

What recipe did you use?

i got a kit from http://www.brewuk.co.uk/store/ as it was my 1st go, borrowed a large pot from work and thats all i needed. wish i had a steeping/hop bag though as it was a pain sieving all the grain/hops. just ordered one ready for next time :D
as i progress i will start to buy my own ingredients which will work out alot cheaper in the end.

fbsf said:
I might try it on a slightly smaller scale as I don't have access to a huge pot yet!
I think I may have mentioned this before but, all you need is a 15l pot.

Indeed. But the biggest pot I have is a 6L pressure cooker, and am under caution of not buying any more equipment (even if it could make a lovely stock) whilst I still have 5 kits in tins sat on a shelf...

I don't think a new 15L pan will go unnoticed at this point :whistle:

jonnymorris said:
fbsf said:
I might try it on a slightly smaller scale as I don't have access to a huge pot yet!
I think I may have mentioned this before but, all you need is a 15l pot.
If you can get a larger pot though you will get a better result

Aleman said:
If you can get a larger pot though you will get a better result
Agreed. I'm working my way up. My next pot is going to be 50l but to start 15l does the job.

Latest posts

Back