1st go at Citra SMaSH with US-05

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
đź‘Ť Where did you find this out?

Edit - Just realised I've completely misread Oakham as Adnams.

With WLP025 the clue is in the name.

WY1336 it's not definite, but a few other websites indicate it is also an Adnams' strain.

WLP025 vs 1335 and Wyeast 1335 British Ale II Poor Attenuation.

Fergus FitzGerald, Production Director at Adnams, has confirmed it is a dual strain yeast here -

Maybe their house strain is a mixture of the two commercially available?

Last edited:
Hav'nt brewed since last year -a rather disastrous PJ clone which turned out nothing like it - but still ok.
So im going back to basics and doing a smash on saturday. Wish me luck.

Which recipe for PJ did you use? I've made this one several times and it's spot-on, did an A/B comparison outside a St Austell pub and was pleased at how close it was
https://brewgr.com/recipe/9351/st-austell-proper-job-ipa-clone-english-ipa-recipe
US-05 is my go-to yeast for these types of brews.
Blimey i cant remember which now id have to dig it out. It was a prize winning one i recall...found it on net, printed it out. Trouble is i CBA to do all the water treatment etc. I like to just keep it simple. Maybe thats where i went wrong.

US05 - check. I have that in the fridge. I plan on using it for thee smash on saturday. Then i want to do a hazy/juicy variant. Better get another 05.

Latest posts

Back