2 Cans

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really as you will have twice the hops/bitterness in the brew which might throw the taste and drinkability off :cheers:

their are some recipes that mix single cans of bitter / stout and lager kits tho, as the lager kits generally have less hops :cheers:

billybacardi said:
ah right, i've only ever done one 2 can kit and i thought the contents were the same in both cans

In a two can kit the contents of each of the cans is the same. Each having half the sugar, half the flavour, half the colour and half the bitterness required for the full 40 pints.

A one can kit has half the sugar, all the flavour all the colour and all the bitterness for the full 40 pints. Some kits it might work, others not. If you like them bitter then it could be worth a try. Alternatively you could try using a plain tin of malt extract instead of the sugar, adding some hop tea, dry hopping etc to make a different/better beer. :thumb:

No not the same, two cans of the same kit made up to 23L will have twice the bitterness as a single can with 1kg of malt extract and the same amount of water.

Some people have done them with mixed results. I have lots of kits and no money for extra fermentables at the moment so plan to try similar

As a trial you can make up a kit with half the amount of water and no extra malt.

Good plan. I found lager kits (I never did the Coopers mind) were really good with LME or extra light DME if you can get your hands on it. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back