25kg of Maris Otter and a cucumber please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They've got to do something to make the horrible stuff more interesting :lol:

I don't mind a pint of lager occasionally (put the pitchforks away you lot) but the thought of lager and pickle does nothing for me.

Anyone had the battered pickles you can now get in the trendy hip bars? Very tasty with an American brown ale:cool::cool:

I was at a rally in the Gaugers Inn many moons ago and had the pleasure of drinking Guinness at the bar with one of my mates while the rest were outside making the acquaintance of others.
On the shelf behind the bar were several large sweetie jars filled with pickled egg's which didn't look to be selling so we asked for a few.
These were so nice we kept eating until the barman said if you eat the lot you can have them for free.So we did two jars later..
Needless to say it was stand clear for a day or two.

Gerry

I don't mind a pint of lager occasionally (put the pitchforks away you lot) but the thought of lager and pickle does nothing for me.

Lager has it's place, that place generally being in a cold, frosty glass when it's boiling hot outside. But much like Chippy, I don't want a bloody pickle in the glass with it. And I like pickles.

I was at a rally in the Gaugers Inn many moons ago and had the pleasure of drinking Guinness at the bar with one of my mates while the rest were outside making the acquaintance of others.
On the shelf behind the bar were several large sweetie jars filled with pickled egg's which didn't look to be selling so we asked for a few.
These were so nice we kept eating until the barman said if you eat the lot you can have them for free.So we did two jars later..

Gerry

OOOOoooooh! Just the thought of sharing a tent with anyone after that session makes my teeth go all furry! :doh: :doh:

Gerry
:-o:-o:-o:-o:nono:

Back