3kw Element Recommendation needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogermort

Regular.
Reaction score
I need to replace the 3kw element in my HLT and am looking for recommendations. The one I need to replace (and therefore need to bear in mind for hole size) came from Brewbuilder and required a 32.5mm hole cutting in the pot. A direct replacement from Brewbuilder will cost me £65 including postage. Anyone know of anything that will save me a few quid?

Honestly - I'd get another Brewbuilder one.

I have a 3kw one in my 3v setup and it has never let me down.

Out of interest how did your one fail?

Oversparged while doing another job, ran dry and tripped out! I know they’re good, I've been using mine, infrequently for four or five years. Got the same in the copper. I was hoping someone would say they’d replaced theirs with an XYZ at half the price! :)

Oversparged while doing another job, ran dry and tripped out! I know they’re good, I've been using mine, infrequently for four or five years. Got the same in the copper. I was hoping someone would say they’d replaced theirs with an XYZ at half the price! :)
You only get what you paid for and half the price is usually half the quality. Break it down to relevant cost after each brew and it will be worth it.

Latest posts

Back