5 Bottles for Life

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
If you had to drink shop bought commercial beers for the rest of your life and were only allowed a selection of 5 different beers, which 5 would you have on your list...

I'd go for:

Batemans - Harvest Gold
Brains - SA Gold
Jennings - Cumberland Ale
St Austell - Tribute
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

I'll probably kick myself when someone posts something that I'd prefer to the above :lol:

Wez said:
If you had to drink shop bought commercial beers for the rest of your life and were only allowed a selection of 5 different beers, which 5 would you have on your list...

I'd go for:

Batemans - Harvest Gold
Brains - SA Gold
Jennings - Cumberland Ale
St Austell - Tribute
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

I'll probably kick myself when someone posts something that I'd prefer to the above :lol:

Old Peculiar
Gold label Barley wine
Guiness orginal
Newcastle Brown Ale
Abbott Ale

1) Badgers Golden Champion
2) Jolly Brewer Taid's Garden
3) Brewdog Punk IPA
4) St Austell Tribute
5) A never ending bottle of whatever beer I think should be in it.

tricky one ....

Guinness
Blandford Fly - just uber with a curry
Ruddles County
Manns Brown Ale
hmmm can't single out one more from the rest of my list... cos i don't wanna leave any off!

In no particular order

Liefmans Kriek
Pauwel Kwak
Guinness Extra Foreign Stout
Schneider Weisse Original
Sharps Doom Bar

I think that about covers it :grin:

Although I could do with a lager of some description :wha:
Choices choices ;)

Just noticed what you've done with my Avatar :lol:
I like it :D

In no particular order...

St. Bernardus Tripel
Chimay Bleu
RCH Pitchfork
Shepherd Neame Spitfire
Bathams Best Bitter

Intresting one this. So dont shoot me for being a little ermmm odd in my decisions.

1. Brinkhoff's
2. Old Percular
3. Guinness
4. Wychwood Circle Master
5. St. Austell Proper Job ( it's an IPA )

Job done

My reasons why I chose these well it's a good mix of diffrent types of beer, I do like pilsners and German ones are pretty much the best due to their beer laws and having lived in germany for a while in the past and drinking their beer I did like the Brinkhoffs.. Guinness is a must have every one should have a stout / porter in their repetuar... Im very fond of old percular and allways will be good full bodied strong beer for a winters night, The circle master is a good summer drink nice easy drinking and one that you wont really get bored of and as for the IPA it is nice to have an IPA done properly so its a Proper Job full of hoppyness enough to punch you in the gut and say hi their hows that for flavour......

Enjoy

1. Batemans - XXXB
2. Timothy Taylor - Landlord
3. Jennings - Sneck Lifter
4. Copper Dragon - Golden Pippin
5. And the last one is the WIFES choice "Stella Atrois"ha ha!!!!! because she does not like any of the above, BUT all the more for me. :cheers:

Meatime Porter...nice rich smokey beer, I love this, it's really special :drink:
BrewDog IPA....magic :drink: ...too many may cause heart burn though, or lack of taste for a week :lol:
Tesco's finest IPA, as brewed by the William Bros Alloa. This beer had it's problems recently, but it's now back to it's best.
SNPA, but draught variety only...it's very special on draught, you can smell the hops across the bar when it's poured :drink:
5th place goes to Leffe Blonde or Youngs Special London Ale, though I'm edging to Leffe for difference. Special London gets edged out as the William Bros IPA has a lot of body, so rivals it in this respect, though Leffe can sometimes taste 'artificial'

The joker in the pack was the BrewDog IPA, as it's only quaffable in small amounts, but the taste is just so unique, I couldn't leave it out :cool:

All subjective, naturally :D

1) Leffe Blonde
2) Hobgoblin
3) Meantime IPA
4) Old Peculiar
5) Riggwelter

I tried to get a bit of a mix in there, but its hard to loose a favourite. Would have liked a stout in there but no room :wha:

Mine would be

1. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
2. Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted
3. Meantime Cologne Style Lager (Kolsch)(Sainsbury's Taste the dfifference range)
4. Budweiser......BUDVAR of course!!!
5 Adnams Explorer

:hmm: Good call on the B&T - It's also reminded me that I like Belhaven Twisted Thistle IPA

My substitute would be Brewdog IPA.

Could I have six please :pray:

In No Particular order - and I'll have to come back and edit this as I think of them

Bernard Cerne Pivo - not your average lager bier
Eldridge Pope - Thomas Hardy Ale - Needs no introduction not a quaffing ale though
Adnams - Broadside - :hmm: Not sure here as the Southwold Ale is much better but its not bottled AFAIAC Southwold bitter is the best quaffing ale in the world bar none Especially in the lion, the Lord Nelson or the Harbour Inn (Oh I should add . . . She went to school with Lindsay Adnam ;) )

Guinness
Arrogant ******* Ale
Old Peculiar
Miller Genuine Draft... Ha! Gotch Ya! :rofl:
Hen's Tooth
Hobgoblin
Old Hooky
And seriously... Miller isn't one of them. Just so there's not misunderstandings.. :nono:

Actually can I swap the Old Hooky for Jamesb's neverending bottle thingeee??? :party:

EHHHRRRR ERRRRRRR

Sorry we have to accept your first answer

:rofl:

Here we go,

Orval - hoppy, bitter, dry, aromatic, really great beer when the bottle isnt old
Brakspear bitter - the best quaffing beer IMO, although I hear Adnams bitter, close second
Hofbrauhaus Dunkel - fresh from the brewery tap, the best Munich beer i've ever had
Taylors Landlord - on cask
Hoegaarden - still my favourite wit beer, i can quite happily drink this by the litre in summer

Latest posts

Back