5G

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The chief exec of Vodafone has been on the radio basically saying we are miles behind other countries when it comes to rolling out 5G customers want it and we need to get it sorted as we are falling behind.

We have good 4G here and it works for me I would consider myself a heavy mobile network user as I mod the forum at work etc I don't need 5G so wonder who all these people are and why they need it.

Do you have it or want/need it?

Last edited:
It’s future proofing, and not all about speed, it also increases capacity.

Remember 56K? It did the job at the time.

It’s future proofing, and not all about speed, it also increases capacity.

Remember 56K? It did the job at the time.
I get that but 56k modems were for home internet and that was all we could get at the time we now have fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) and fibre to the property I get 60Kbps on FTTC and I believe on FTTP you get hundreds of Mbps.

This is about mobile internet 4G is fast enough for me I can watch Netflix etc with no buffering so at the moment I don't need 5G and I cannot imagine what in the future would make me need it there is also the health concerns around 5G claims 5G can damage our health may rubbish but there is no smoke without fire as they say.

It's not just about phones though. Everything in the world will become increasingly "connected" as time goes on, if you want self driving cars, air taxis, drones / UAVs doing all sorts of stuff, autonomous vehicles delivering your shopping, and so on then it needs a good communications infrastructure. 5G and beyond provides this, it makes more efficient use of the available spectrum and provides the bandwidth needed by these things. This is just the beginning, and yes we do need to catch up.

As for health concerns around 5G - there aren't any, it's all b*ll*cks made up by those who have no clue what they are talking about and probably still believe in witchcraft:

6059fced226209ca127e0b84_Mobile 5G-Electromagnetic-Infographic.jpg

Everything in the world will become increasingly "connected" as time goes on, if you want self driving cars, air taxis, drones / UAVs doing all sorts of stuff, autonomous vehicles delivering your shopping, and so on then it needs a good communications infrastructure. 5G and beyond provides this, it makes more efficient use of the available spectrum and provides the bandwidth needed by these things. This is just the beginning, and yes we do need to catch up.

According to this guy its not going to work and he is not just talking about phones -

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back