A Freezer for my Keezer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomebrewDan

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I need some advice on a suitable choice of Freezer for a Keezer I plan to build. I have 4 coca-cola Corneys (23cm Diameter) so need a Freezer with an internal depth of at least 46cm (18 inch).

Unfortunately chest freezers are not advertised by their internal dimensions other than Litre-age so would be grateful if you could post your makes and models that fit nicely or better still the internal sizes. The width of the freezer isn't too much of an issue but Ideally would like something around 1 meter wide

I've just brought a 142L Russell Hobbs Freezer which is far to small inside and is on it's way back.

I've had a look at previous posts and can't find the information I need, I'm also a new member so i'm just learning the ropes and apologise if the subject has been covered in an earlier post

Cheers

Dan

You could go around a big white goods retailer like Currys armed with a tape measure and note which models are deep enough.

Did you have any joy finding a freezer for 4 kegs? I'm on the hunt for the same thing at the moment but am not having much joy due to the "step" inside most freezers that I've seen. I used some card and drew around the bottom of a keg to make templates which I can place in the bottom when I've been to see some freezers. It's going to have to be a pretty big one to get 4 cornies in, (and I was hoping to get Co2 and nitro cannisters inside too!)

Did you have any joy finding a freezer for 4 kegs? I'm on the hunt for the same thing at the moment but am not having much joy due to the "step" inside most freezers that I've seen. I used some card and drew around the bottom of a keg to make templates which I can place in the bottom when I've been to see some freezers. It's going to have to be a pretty big one to get 4 cornies in, (and I was hoping to get Co2 and nitro cannisters inside too!)

Hi Albino

It's not the step you have to worry about because you can just enlarge the collar to compensate if needed. I didn't end up needing to extend the collar but had difficulty with the internal dimensions. It's the distance from the front to the back of the freezer that's important.

I couldn't find a second hand one so brought new from currys

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/househ...c627wap-chest-freezer-white-21376645-pdt.html

enough room for 5 kegs and the co2 tanks + room for a few bottles of beer and yeast cultures too. The STC1000 fits nicely into the side panel with a minimal faffing. The freezer isn't massive either

That sounds almost perfect. HAve you got any pictures you could post for reference?
Cheers

That sounds almost perfect. HAve you got any pictures you could post for reference?
Cheers

u_21376645.jpg

THanks for the input, Chippy! :thumb:....Although I did really
mean pics of Dan's set up inc kegs/gas etc :doh:

HomebrewDan - I found this thread (and forum) while googling to find a good freezer for a homebrew build in the UK (there are tons of threads using American freezers) and the Zanussi you recommended above is spot on - I went and checked the dimensions in Currys yesterday. I've already got a fairly old second hand freezer set up which I drilled the lid of to run my Co2 / Beer lines - did you drill to get your lines in the Zanussi or were you able to run them through the seal? With the old battered freezer I got for free I had no qualms about drilling through it, but I'd rather avoid it with a brand new one.

Thanks for any advice!

Latest posts

Back