A simple Strawberry Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Premium Dave

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just made my second every batch of wine using a simple Strawberry recipe.

3lbs Strawberries
2 1/2lbs Sugar
2 tsp Citric Acid
Water to 1 gallon
Yeast & Nutrient

Only started it yesterday with a Hydrometer reading of 1.100 but it looks and smells good so far, I'll keep you all posted.

It's dead exciting aint it :eek:

OK I just transfered my wine to the secondary vessel and topped it to the full 1 gallon it looks a lovely rose colour and smells lovely, just need to let it sit for its second fermentation so far all good though. I'm really proud and to be honest a little excited.

Mike

Sounds good mate. Fancy having a crack at a strawberry or cherry one myself next.

Thanks Forkbeard, my next attempt will be a cherry wine (my daughter came up with the idea) just need to find a cheap source for the cherry's..

Let me know what you do next mate i would be interested to know.

Promised myself I'd do a pear wine first. Then it changed to a melomel. Now it's strawberry or cherry. The hardest part is deciding. :lol:

Got some WOW's and a Youngs white wine kit on the go at the moment. I'll probably polish them off just to make sure I've got enough stock for the year or so it'll probably take me to make those.

Can you make a full set of instructions please? I'm looking around for the berecipes which catch my attention. I'm thinking about going crazy down the supermarket on Friday if you could get back to me by then I'd be greatful.

cheers

Andy

Back