AG#17 (its)Cool for Cats 11/11/09

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llannige

Landlord.
Reaction score
Not much on this week,so I better get another brew going.

6.2 Kg M.O.
250g Crystal Malt
170g Terrified Wheat
120g Chocolate Malt.

57g Styrian Goldings (3.7%) 90 mins
66g Fuggles (4%) 90 mins
26g Styrian 15 mins
31g Fuggles 15 mins
Prot tab 15 mins
2 pkts. SO-4 (as this was not planned,never had any Brewlabs)
Water treatment as per GW Bitter table + cam tab night before.
40L,90min mash @ 67C,90min boil
Est.OG. 1.040,est. vol. 4%

Usual set up,mash & sparge indoors,boil outdoors.
Usual pics,but I knows you like em. :D

90 min hops(fuggles on top)
Coolforcats004.jpg

Grain bill + gypsum.
Coolforcats002.jpg

All set up for the off.
Coolforcats0002-1.jpg

Coolforcats0001.jpg

And here's the mash
Coolforcats0004.jpg

Recycle 1st runnings
Coolforcats0005.jpg

Transferring 1st runnings
Coolforcats0006.jpg

Outside now as the weather is not too bad.Next door neighbour keeps on interrupting me, :x so only a couple of more photos.
Chiller in.
Coolforcats007-1.jpg

Dropping to FV
Coolforcats011.jpg

It wasn't until I was clearing up that I noticed the water treatment for the kettle on the table. :eek: (I'll blame that one on my bloody neighbour) :oops:
All went well apart from that,slight drizzle but I already had the parasol rigged up. :thumb:

Slightly out on my targets42L @ 1.039,near enough though. ;)

Brewdays is thirsty work so it will mean a few pints tonight. :thumb:

nice one ll. I see the opictures get blurry after the neighbours interupted, is that 'cos you were ahking with rage? ;)

Nic_P said:
nice one ll. I see the opictures get blurry after the neighbours interupted, is that 'cos you were ahking with rage? ;)
:rofl:
I get on very well with them(unlike the other side)but he won't stop talking.And I can't ignore people when they are talking to me,wish I could.He set me back loads once I moved outside,kept on looking at my watch etc and politely saying I must get on but he would not take the hint.Still Its better than the situation I've got with the miserable couple on the other side. :whistle:
Rant over. ;)

Had a peep 1st thing this morning.
Coolforcats.jpg

The Cats were hypnotized by the flying yeasties.(took a picture but didn't come out)
It dropped 10 degrees overnight and tastes good.Currently in the fermenting fridge @ 20C. :thumb:

Bottled this lot earlier this eve.73 bottles @ 4%.= 16p Pint. :thumb:

Brewhouse efficiency slightly down @ 81%.

Yeast atten. 76%.

Another pleasing brew :grin:

I now have 26L kegged +237 1/2L bottles scattered about the place,including 7 different types of homebrew.I likes a variety me. :whistle:

I may get my next brew on over Xmas,will wait and see. :hmm:

Yeh, we have 2 little smashers.Never thought about putting them on a label before,would be easy enough as I have got plenty of photos.
Mrs ll found the picture for this label.It's the 1st time I've actually had a pic for the label before I had a name for the brew. :grin:

Love your avatar,is that one of yours? :thumb:

Nice one. :thumb:

On brewdays I have to keep mine well out of the way as they are into everything.They are mad for the smell of malt and will dive into the bin if we are not careful when disposing of bags.Almost as crazy with hops.

A bit like myself I suppose. ;)

Latest posts

Back