AG#2 Fullers Discovery Clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhendy91

Reaction score
So I brewed this on Sunday as I had the day off work.
Choose this beer as this beer turned me from a larger drinker over to an ale drinker when I was 19, now it is one of my top summer tipples and hopping it can convert a few more people at the summer BBQ :drink:.

I did take lots of pictures however I didn't notice that I hadn't put my SD card back in my DSLR so I can't show them :doh:

I took the recipe again form Graham Wheelers book, on my first brew I went for 36 litres in the boiler to start and ended up over volume and under gravity. So using measurements from that went for 34L this time although the grain bill was a little smaller.

This time I ended up with exactly 23L at 1038 which is spot on :razz: so I'm well chuffed.

It was a lot more stressful than AG#1 as I didn't have a full time assistant this time, just a part time SWIMBO during the critical times. Also as I was heating my mash water my second thermometer in as many brews broke and I had to rush to Sainsburys to get another( this was at 3:45 pm on a sunday). Managed to get one though and the rest went well.

Next up I want to do a few Smash beers to save some money and also get a feel for different hop and malt tastes and also fit in a mild somewhere as I love a good mild. If any one has some recipes to suggest I'm all ears.

:cheers:

Forgot to add, Chilled in my new chill cube from halfords in an cold bath took 2 hours to get down to temp and then pitched my rehydrated S-04 at 11pm, was going like a steam train at 10 am today , happy days :)

Back