AG#8 Mosaic/Amarillo Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian_r

Brewing Numpty
Reaction score
Using my trusty BIAB setup I started AG#8 on Saturday morning. Didn't know what hops I was going to use when I started so this was made up on the go.

Brought 26 litres of water to 70 degrees in the boiler and then added 5kg of Maris Otter. Mashed for 60 minutes at 66 degrees. Squeezed bag and sparged in with 6 litres of water at 77 degrees. This gave me 28 litres in the boiler.

Decided on something with Mosaic and Amarillo as I had plenty of these hops. Kind of merged a Greg Hughes recipe with the Brew Dog recipe for their Hop Fiction from DIY Dog.

Opted for:

11g Amarillo @ 60 mins
11g Northern Brewer @ 60 mins
20g Amarillo @ 15 mins
20g Mosaic @ 15 mins
1tsp Irish Moss @ 15 mins
10g Amarillo @ 5 mins
10g Mosaic @ 5 mins

Cooled to 80 degrees and then added 20g Amarillo and 20g Mosaic and left for 20 minutes before switching the chiller back on. Previously I've just dumped the last hops in at switch off and chilled down to 20 degrees.

Chilled to 20 degrees and then added a sachet of Mangrove Jacks M44 yeast. Usually I use US-05 but decided to try a different yeast.

OG was 1.048 and I ended up with 22.5 litres in the FV.

Think I'll dry hop this one with more Mosaic and Amarillo.

Mmm that sounds nice! Notice you are quite close to me as well - I don't know any other local brewers! (AG/Extract ones anyway!)

Do you know if there are any meets / groups / etc around?

Mmm that sounds nice! Notice you are quite close to me as well - I don't know any other local brewers! (AG/Extract ones anyway!)

Do you know if there are any meets / groups / etc around?

Hi mak,

There is a monthly meet in Leek I believe but not been to it. Just happy brewing and drinking it at the moment. Maybe in the future when I've made something fantastic I might venture along.

Latest posts

Back