AG #9 Wye Valley HPA Clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I racked this into a keg last night, primed with 40g sugar and had a taste. I was a bit disappointed, in the week since I last tested / tasted it seems to have lost some of its flavour - almost as though it has over attenuated.

Is this possible? I've not taken a gravity reading, but it tastes thin, as though all the flavours from a week ago have fermented out.

There is also noticeably less hop flavour, so perhaps I could dry hop in the keg for a while...

I'll give it a couple of weeks to carbonate yet, then I'll decide. My first AG pale ale was fairly lifeless for a while then suddenly developed flavours from nowhere

Well had a sneaky taste from the keg tonight, only a couple of mouthfuls, but it is vastly improved. Gonna wait til Christmas eve to try a pint though. Lovely balance of malt and hops. Can only get better...

Well, the few more weeks didn't materialise; the king keg was finished off tonight! Had the family round for a few days and we murdered it.

Overall the beer was excellent. Good head retention, low carbonation from the keg (which I prefer), and fantastic flavour with a balanced hop flavour and a real caramel kick. The family were most impressed.

Latest posts

Back