American-style wheat w/ Kazbek and Motueka

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just mashing only the second brew using my new, higher-capacity kit.

Wish me luck!

Good luck mate..

What temp are you hoping to ferment at? I'm just about to pitch yeast into my AWB and don't have a temp to go with the recipe.

Good luck mate..

What temp are you hoping to ferment at? I'm just about to pitch yeast into my AWB and don't have a temp to go with the recipe.

Cheers - going reasonably smoothly (so far).

What yeast are you using? I'd be happy with 20-24c, but that's with a standard American yeast, nothing special. I don't have a great deal of control over temperature, unfortunately, but I find that's usually a pretty easy range to hit with my kit.

I'm using the MJ20, Ive been looking at other wheat beers in my books and it seems the more hoppy ones seem to be fermented lower than the more classic versions. I've gone at a nice round 20c so fingers crossed.

I'm using the MJ20, Ive been looking at other wheat beers in my books and it seems the more hoppy ones seem to be fermented lower than the more classic versions. I've gone at a nice round 20c so fingers crossed.

Yeah, I'd agree - definitely want to keep it on the low side to prevent too many clove/banana flavours coming through. I'm hoping to dodge that by going for something more neutral, but we'll see.

Which hops are you going for?

Amarillo and ahtanum are the main ones with orange peel and coriander.
I've no idea where I found the recipe. Its been in my little blue book waiting to be brewed for a while and like an idiot I didn't wright down the finer points like yeast, fermentation temps etc. I always thought it was a diy dog recipe but ive been through the pdf twice and its not there.

Amarillo and ahtanum are the main ones with orange peel and coriander.
I've no idea where I found the recipe. Its been in my little blue book waiting to be brewed for a while and like an idiot I didn't wright down the finer points like yeast, fermentation temps etc. I always thought it was a diy dog recipe but ive been through the pdf twice and its not there.

Going for 3 out of 3? ;)

Latest posts

Back