Any hobbies besides beer making/ drinking

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an allotment, I also have a season ticket for Southampton fc and I do enjoy traveling, I try my best to do two holidays a year and if possible one of those holidays will be on a narrow boat on a UK canal, canal boating is always a nice way to taste different ales while your bedroom is normally moored just outside the pub door :p

Niman & anyone else who likes a good read, can I recommend 'Through A Glass Brightly' by Nick Charles. A true story which will keep you glued from start to finish.

Sounds like a real good/interesting read... and for only a couple of quid... thanks for the heads up, ordered :-D

My hobbies also tend to become obsessions:

Making and flying model aircraft and helicopters - still doing it
Gliding in real gliders - can't afford to do this often
Japanese sword based martial arts Iaido and Jodo - I have 3rd and 2nd Dan grades in those respectively - stopped a couple of years ago due to work pressure
Collecting very old japanese weapons - ran out of money

10 years ago I used to do scuba diving and underwater videos, but I turned a bit cissy and now only go diving when the water is around 30C.

Poker was my big obsession around 6 years ago just after i turned 18, and I actually had a couple of years where I considered myself a professional poker player, and made enough wedge to live without working. Mainly played online where I'd play somewhere between 18-24 games at once. But played a few big tournaments live with one pretty big cash.

Luckily, at the age of 25, I have now grown up and got myself a proper 9-5 job and havn't played any poker for around 3 years and I am so so glad.

I have been hooked with brewing for 3 years.

And when i am not brewing i am mainly on the golf course, playing snooker or playing darts.

Latest posts

Back