Anyone using these?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look very similar to the ones they use to import beer for festivals with. Those type have a collapsible bag that is pressurised around. You can just about make them out in this beer line mess!

DSC_0572.jpg

look like the 30l polykegs that have been sold 2nd use for about ���£8 a pop,

some of the 'single use' kegs have been engineered to be single use in that once fully closed they are locked, which can be overcome with a stanley knife n file IF attacked before 1st use.
best check with the seller first. and if the spears are replacable and or servicable?

they do tend to delaminate on the base when moved and full however with mine the internal skin remains intact when the 'feet' have delaminated. with careful home use not throwing them about when full i would expect the fet not to delaminate quite so quickly.

I would be tempted to invest that bit more in SS kegs though, your basic unserviced corny keg with syrup residue left in it and covered in stickers n tape come in at the same sort of price point ���£35-40

its after all a big PET pop bottle.. how many times would you be comfortable reusing a pet pop bottle for beer?

Back