Asda has cut the cost of petrol and diesel.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Asda makes changes to petrol prices with Tesco and Sainsbury's urged to do same

RAC is urging other supermarkets to follow in Asda's footsteps

The RAC is calling on major supermarkets to follow in the footsteps of Asda as it has cut the cost of petrol and diesel.

Asda has knocked an average of 4.5p off the cost of a litre of unleaded across its 320 stores in the last week and around 5.5p off diesel too. The RAC urged other supermarkets, such as Tesco, Sainsbury's and Morrisons to do the same.

The road services company said that the drop in prices "should have come much sooner". It accused supermarkets of failing to pass on wholesale savings down to customers.

RAC spokesman Simon Williams said of Asda's new pump prices: "Asda is now charging an average of 153.5p for petrol and 176.7p for diesel which is around 2p less than its rivals. We urge the other three supermarkets to catch up quickly – or go even further – and give drivers some much-needed relief from high prices next time they fill up. If they do, this will bring the UK average petrol price down from its current 157.8p which benefits drivers everywhere."

He added: "Despite these reductions, our analysis of wholesale data shows this should really be just the beginning as there’s easily scope for another 10p a litre to come off the current average price of both petrol and diesel. Perhaps it will be Asda which once again takes a leadership position by further cutting its prices to help drivers save money in the run-up to Christmas."

Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what's on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here

I can get E10 petrol for £1.45 round here. Asda was £1.51 today. What boils my pi$$ is how two Tesco stores, miles apart can doffer by 5p a litre.

The road services company said that the drop in prices "should have come much sooner". It accused supermarkets of failing to pass on wholesale savings down to customers.

It may not go back up so soon as it says above looks like they should have dropped the price a while ago

Quick look at the chart, yep looks like prices should have dropped way below £1.50 starting August.

Attachments

• wti_crude-2022-12-12.png
    wti_crude-2022-12-12.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 0
My.loval petrol station gets fuel from Oil for Wales.
Petrol is 145.9 and diesel is 164.5
Cheapest for over 100 miles. If a small petrol station in rural Wales can do it so can the bigger chains.

Don't they realise that supermarket fuel prices vary from store to store? My local Tescos is 1.66 for diesel (sunday) but haverfordwest is usually about 10p dearer.
Oh and our village garage is 1.61.
Don't know why our prices are usually lower than surrounding areas - we're hardly very accessable.

Don't they realise that supermarket fuel prices vary from store to store? My local Tescos is 1.66 for diesel (sunday) but haverfordwest is usually about 10p dearer.
Oh and our village garage is 1.61.
Don't know why our prices are usually lower than surrounding areas - we're hardly very accessable.
Oil for Wales?

Latest posts

Back