Attaching CO2 regulator to CO2 bottle.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitfire184

Reaction score
Hey, it's me again, with about as much of a clue as last time.

I've tried to connect the reg to the bottle, which seems fine, but it leaks around the bolt when the gas in switched on. I have a red plastic-like washer in the reg, all parts supplied by Norm of course.

Does the bolt need doing up tight, with a tool, rather by hand, or am I missing something (like a rubber washer)? :?

Have you got a photo, is the gas leaking out of the fitting where you attach it to the bottle or the small bolt that sticks out from the reg? ( that bolt is the adjustment screw and DOESN'T need screwing all the way in! )

darrenwest1 said:
it needs to be done up with a spanner quite tightly as it has to compress that red washer

I think that is my answer, just wanted to be careful, thanks.

muddydisco said:
Have you got a photo, is the gas leaking out of the fitting where you attach it to the bottle or the small bolt that sticks out from the reg? ( that bolt is the adjustment screw and DOESN'T need screwing all the way in! )

It's the one where it attaches to the bottle, not the adjust screw fixing bolt thanks though. :D

on the part that connects the reg to the gas, is there a slightly scored squarish patch? i tighted a spanner on there to keep it steady, then tightened the bolt on the gas bottle with another spanner if you connect it to the gas and give it a good 30 psi u will hear if its leaking from your connection!

awra best!

abeyptfc said:
on the part that connects the reg to the gas, is there a slightly scored squarish patch? i tighted a spanner on there to keep it steady, then tightened the bolt on the gas bottle with another spanner if you connect it to the gas and give it a good 30 psi u will hear if its leaking from your connection!

awra best!

Don't think so, not on the reg. The reg can be seen in this thread.

yeah it looks like urs has got it, see just above where ur bolt is, theres a wee cut in squarish section, clamp a spanner onto that while your tightening the bolt for extra grip.

abeyptfc said:
yeah it looks like urs has got it, see just above where ur bolt is, theres a wee cut in squarish section, clamp a spanner onto that while your tightening the bolt for extra grip.

Ah, I see now! Yes, that will help, thanks! :D

spitfire184 said:
abeyptfc said:

Ah, I see now! Yes, that will help, thanks! :D

[EDIT: For the reference of anyone reading, the size of spanners required for this reg seem to be 1 1/8" and 1/2"]

Back