auber pid

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talon_Ted

Reaction score
i have replaced my old pid which burnt out with a new auber pid plus ssr using the existing p100 probe.

i wired it as per instructions and have been giving it a trial run.

to my surprise the temp readings displayed seem to be rather variable and cover a range of 4 deg C in a matter of a split second.

i also notice that the heater element is constantly going on and off but more worryingly it carries on heating way past the sv temp. in the end i turned it off as it was getting late and i didn't want to risk leaving it unattended over night.

is this just a settling in phase or have i made a basic error somewhere? i checked my settings with those i found on a post made by big yin and the agree with his.

any views?

TT

I had a similar problem with the overshoot on a different PID... once I found out how to get it into "auto tune" mode the problem went away! :oops:

On mine you press and hold the right arrow button until the AT LED flashes.

As for the variable temp reading have you made sure you have the correct probe type set?

Is it set to a filter value of 60Hz rather than 50Hz

Can't recall the settings off hand

Search Here for Auber Filter Settings and you should be able to find it

keith

thanks for your reply. i will double check the probe type setting and look up the auto tune function.

TT

keith

autotune has solved the temp control problem.

aleman

will check that it is set at 50hz not 60hz.

thanks to you both

TT

aleman

the input can be between 50-60hz according to the leaflet.

i looked for the filter as you suggested and found that the default setting is 0 with options of 1,2,3.

the note advise that the higher the value the slower the pid can respond to temp changes. i have just set it to 1 and at first there appeared to be no change but when i turned it off an then on again the temp displayed was much steadier.

i found the excessive fluctuation very irritating so am prepared to loose bit of speed for a more sensible reading unless someone can show me it is a big mistake!

TT

I had the same problem with one of my Auber PIDS. The wiring of the sensor/connections was suspected at first, but after checking it and rewiring (though wiring looked fine) I still had the same problem. After changing the PT100, just to make sure it wasn't the sensor at fault, I too changed the filter and it cured the problem.

I use this PID for my HLT as the sampling rate/response time isn't as important as that of the mash, but I'd have no hesitations in using it for the mash also :thumb:

Latest posts

Back