Automated brew paddle/stirrer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too use the "Mark 1 Kinetic" stirring method, but have found that it does need a little lubrication. I use a liberal amount of Elbow Grease to achieve this.
On a serious note, not hard to build, but you would need some engineering skills.

You could put a plaster stirrer onto an electric drill inserted through a hole on the FV lid. Make sure its on slow speed or it could get messy!

I think most people use a windscreen wiper motor to build a stirrer, then just attach some stainless steel rod and paddles and done. I just wouldn't know how to wire it. Might be a little project I could do with my Dad when I visit them next.

Ruehrwerk-Performance-mit-Deckel-7.jpg

I think most people use a windscreen wiper motor to build a stirrer, then just attach some stainless steel rod and paddles and done. I just wouldn't know how to wire it. Might be a little project I could do with my Dad when I visit them next.

Ruehrwerk-Performance-mit-Deckel-7.jpg
No, I think most people just stir.....

Personally I don't do that much stirring except when mashing-in & when bashing the hell out of my wort to oxygenate... Perhaps I need to stir more???

Is my beer stir deficient?

?

I might be missing something here but seems a lot of effort to build something which I personally feel wouldn't be worth the return when a good bash and stir do the trick.

I guess it depends on the brewing method. I do step mashes so I stand there for a few hours, stirring the pot... :P I just treated myself to a boiler though, so at least won't have to manually adjust the heat. If I had a stirrer, all I would have to do is change the temperature setting after the rest for the next :P

I'm in the process of ordering new kit. So in order to stir the water as such. Have a pump on the tap passing a PID thermo connected to the element. Then pumped back to the top of the HLT. Therefore moving the water constantly and in theory achieving desired temp for mash and sparge.

I'm in the process of ordering new kit. So in order to stir the water as such. Have a pump on the tap passing a PID thermo connected to the element. Then pumped back to the top of the HLT. Therefore moving the water constantly and in theory achieving desired temp for mash and sparge.

I just ordered what you would call a jam preserving cooker or something.

Latest posts

Back