Back to kits - for now

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheyne_brewer

Regular.
Reaction score
Planning for a last house move to the seaside, it was decreed that my AG kit would have to go due to lack of storage. So, back to kits where I restarted brewing in autumn 2019.

Just bought a 20l Fermenter King Junior to go with my 30l Chubby and christened it with a Coopers European Lager kit. As I now lack active temperature control it will sit under 15psi in the garage. Water is the 5l bottled mineral water from Aldi and I swapped the Coopers yeast for 34/70.

I’d forgotten how quick kit brewing was - about 30 mins from running hot water to steep the tin to topping up the FV with cold. Next up is the Muntons Citra Wheat - both kits scoring top marks with the Partridge boys.

Planning for a last house move to the seaside, it was decreed that my AG kit would have to go due to lack of storage
If there's no room for your kit you're buying the wrong house. "a last move" is this retirement? You'll need your kit more then ever! Whoever "ďecreed" should be shown the door perhaps that'll give you the space you need for your stuff.
Madness! Utter folly. I'm depressed at the very thought of it.

I have a cunning long term plan once we’ve moved & if we have a big enough shed… still, a kit brew done right is better than no brew at all 😉.

I will miss the process of AG but not the relentless cleaning up.

I have a cunning long term plan once we’ve moved & if we have a big enough shed… still, a kit brew done right is better than no brew at all 😉.

I will miss the process of AG but not the relentless cleaning up.
That's more like it.
I trust you're buying a semi and you can acquire next door?
Which part of the seaside are you moving to?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back