bad cat imperial red

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveE82

Reaction score
Hey everybody hope you are all very well on this Saturday afternoon, I just have a quick question that I was hoping you could help me with.

So I've brewed a few kits and they have been very fast to start fermenting and have always turned out about the right abv reading

I've just started a bad cat imperial red ipa and after a few days the air lock hasn't bubbled once, I know that the yeast in this kit is slow but with me being a little bit inexperienced I'm not sure if this is right or wrong.

Does anyone know if this is right and if so do you know a rough time line for it to start fermenting?

Thanks

Just because you haven't seen bubbles it doesn't mean it isn't fermenting. The lid might not be air tight.
How long ago did you make the kit up? What temperature is it at?
If you made it up a few days ago crack the lid and have a look to see what is happening.

I wouldn't worry too much if the temperature is right. It sounds similar to when I made it and it still had me with my head down the toilet after 6 or 7 pints

Its just over two days and the temperature is at 24 dead on, I haven't opened it yet but I can see the beer has a foamy head on it around half an inch thick, I'll open just to check what's inside.

I have used this set up a few times with no issues but I'll check the seal incase I've missed something

Thank you

I wouldn't worry too much if the temperature is right. It sounds similar to when I made it and it still had me with my head down the toilet after 6 or 7 pints
Sounds like this brew is a top one when made I've read good things about it to be honest

Ah ok big thanks, I opened and had a quick look its foaming well and the yeast seems to be mainly on top of the foam

Attachments

• 20210306_192407_capture(0).jpg
    20210306_192407_capture(0).jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 40
Back