Bar prices

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prices in Wakefield vary wildly between bars. The "trendy" places, some where I worked, charge anything upto five pound for a pint of fosters.... FOSTERS!!!!

There is a couple of real ale places and just to give a comparison between 2, The Hop and Harry's, prices for real ale are around 2.60-3 pound per pint. Wheat beers and foreign beers are anything up to five pounds a pint. Elliots bar, a trendy little wine bar type thing, does bottles of duvel and such for 3.50 a bottle.

Moley said:
Nine quid a pint :eek: Ouch!

Went to Iceland on our honeymoon, but we only went in a bar once. Two halves of lager, £7.50. That was in 1990 so I dread to think what it would cost today. Thankfully, we had taken in our duty free allowances. We kept the glasses, and one still survives.

Skip the jokes about bottle prices in the frozen food store :nono:
Anyway, our branch doesn't sell anything worth drinking.

We were there in February this year, £13.50 or thereabouts for a pint of local beer and a vodka and tonic :shock: . And this was in the Irish bar as well, which the hotel receptionist informed us was the cheapest bar in Reykyavik!! needless to say we did the same as you Moley, a litre of duty free rum was consumed in our room over the course of the 4 nights.

I don't drink locally because the whole point of homebrewing was that I couldn't afford to.

However I agree with Nunfa1, my cheapest pints lately have been in London. Last night I had a pint of Redemption Trinity in Euston Tap at £2.90. Recently I've also paid £3.30 for a pint on Coffee in the Morning stout at Tap East and last summer I was paying £1.99 for Brodies beers at The King William IV.

Average price for a pint of bitter in non Spoons pubs down here is £3-ish as far as I recall. The Spoons price is usually around £2.25

Toss up between the Peal o bells or the White in Holt (near Wrexham) both still 2 pound something a pint in fact a bottle of koppaberg cost me £2.60 over the jubilee weekend in comparison to the next pub 5 mins away £3.50.

my two local pubs are The Dolphin - Doom Bar at £3.60, or The Golden Lion - Harveys at £3.40

both are equally nice, but I don't have more than two any more, and I only ever go once a month when it's book club.

I was in a pub in Worksop on Wednesday (visiting family / holiday) and paid £2 a pint for Green King's IPA, not too bad a price and it tated decently kept as well :)

Cost me a bit more for a pint for Timoth Taylor's Landlord in Ranby though, but te chips that came with it were excellent :D

Djseaton said:
Last night in a hotel in Warrington I paid £4.60 for a pint of San Miguel

On the back end of my holiday I went to a family birthday party at a 'posh' hotel, the bar was flogging Old Speckled Hen in bottles, as the pump stuff was mainly lager, or beer I don't like I pushed the boat out, once....

£3.50 for a half pint of OSH!!!!

Fortunately the pub over the road was more realistic so the drinkers quietly headed off there for a beer every now and then :)

Latest posts

Back