Beer bottle tops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Reaction score
Hi All,

Newbie here, I have recently, last 12 months or so, resumed home brew after a 10 year lay off, I have a herd of old 1 litre glass lemonade bottles with worn out tops, some from my Dad's collection..........

I am still using about 50 of them but they are dropping like flies now, anybody know of a source of replacements? I have tried the Coopers tops but they do not fit quite right.

I am considering going for the 1 litre PETs instead and retiring my collection of Unigate and Corona specials.

What are your views?

Cheers

I have just used coopers caps for the first time and find they look slightly different when fitted to the other makes i previously used. Has to be worth trying Youngs or no brand caps from LHBS before ditching your bottles!

Cheers Rwilts, any chance of a link?
The Coopers screw on skew wiff at the end.

Hi Seadog!

Not sure if these are what you are after but they have come off some 1l lemonade type bottles that I sent to recycling a few weeks ago.

100_0814.jpg

As you can see there are 32 with the washers and one without. They all seem sound and the washers are good.

They are yours if you want them - just pay the postage. Not sure what that would cost right now but they weigh 200g plus whatever the packaging would be and I guess would be classed as a small package...

PM me if you are interested.

Jim

Bottle tops in my possession, in another 5 weeks they will be put to good use............ :drink:

I am interested if they worked out for u?

Great to see fellow home brewers helping one another :)

:party: :clap:

Hi Plumpton, perfect tops, I have a few of these already, leftovers from my Old Man's collection.
I'll post some pics when I get home in 4 weeks.
Anybody else with any of these tops, I would be more than happy to take them off your hands.
A big thank you to Jim.

Back