Beer kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cracker

Reaction score
Hi all I'm fairly new to home brewing I've done the wherry kit with success. Can anyone recommend any ale/larger kits to try.

Thanks

i have brewed the following with great success:

coopers mexican cerveza
coopers european lager - really nice
coopers stout
yougs american kits, IPA is lovely, pale ale is good.
woodfordes sundew is nice but needs a bit more % in my opinion.

muntons gold is also fairly nice too.

Cooper's stout - almost impossible to balls this up!
Black Rock Riwaka Pale Ale
Brewferm kits (any) if you like Belgian

i did a black rock golden ale but didn't think much to that.

coopers never fails! my last one which i'm drinking now, i made to 15 ltrs and 7.3% and it's devine.

i did a black rock golden ale but didn't think much to that.

coopers never fails! my last one which i'm drinking now, i made to 15 ltrs and 7.3% and it's devine.

I haven't done any other Black Rock kits but the Riwaka PA is probably the closest I've made to a commercial beer without severe tinkering/amendments to the recipe (e.g. following the Coopers recipe to make Imperial Stout which is not so different to beers I've paid £3-4 a bottle for). Well worth giving it a go.

The Simply pale ale is a good one, and their lager kit too. Also try the John Bull IPA, one of my favourites.

+1 for the John Bull and Coopers kits (Stout and English Bitter are my faves), I believe that the Richies Simply kits are good, I've not done one but I've got their Yorkshire Bitter and Stout in the cupboard to do.

Have you looked at the beerworks kits @ love brewing? I've done a few an been impressed, all come with hops and priming sugar
Have a beerworks on go at moment. The kentish beer. They are on offer at moment too. First attempt at home brewing and as far as I can tell they seem a good quality kit. Mines in barrel at moment and should be good in a few weeks. Just sampled and tastes really good, but just need it to carbonize a bit more yet. Next one is their Dockers IPA to get going. Kit comes with good instructions and even a small filter bag to put over syphon to stop it clogging with the hops.

Done both of those, both really nice, the ipa is potent though
Did you bottle or barrel them? Im undecided on the IPA if to bottle it. Got a brewferm Diabolo going at the moment, but a bit concerned as not seen much activity at all with it, that will be getting bottled in 330ml bottles with it being 8-9%. Thats if it turns out ok.

Latest posts

Back