Belgian tripel using pale ale malt?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I wasn’t expecting such a positive response lol! So in terms of yeasts- I use dried yeast is there one people would recommend? I’ve used Safale t-58 with a leffe kit before with great results but I’m unsure of the abv limit of this one.
Does anyone a tried and trusted tripel recipe? 7-9% ish?
Just out of curiosity when you say leffe kit do you mean and extract kit? If so do you remember where you got it from as I’d love to give it a try. Cheers

What makes a porter a porter? Stylings are just an arbitrary grouping of beers into categories to make it similar.

Trippels are generally, pale, strong abv, and fairly fizzy and have some decent phenolic flavours from the Belgian yeasts

The BJCP style guidelines are a good source of information for styles, but don't get too hung up on their prescriptive wording like "it must be ..." and colour/ibu/abv ranges - take them for what they are: guidelines.
Exactly Agent it does not have to follow the exact rules in fact who makes up the rules?
In my opinion they are guidelines

Latest posts

Back