Best cider kit please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samnorfolk

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me a reasonable priced cider kit to try? tried the ones from wilkos and wasn't that impressed

Cheers

If you're looking for something fruity I would recommend the On the Rocks - Mixed Berry Cider. I've made that and it turned out great. Alternatively the Samsons Cider kit is good too. As a general tip though, I wouldn't expect to be too impressed with anything from Wilko's. Spend a little extra and generally it's worth it.

I quite like the John Bull kit, its £12.95 a go at Brewgenie. Theres also a lot you can do with a not very promising cider to change its character, one of the best things is to add Lowicz Syrups (Cherry, Blueberry and Raspberry) from Tescos, very nice!

Great thanks, i like all cider to be honest, i was just looking to do something easy thats tastes better than the wilko's ones did!!

magnum apple cider kit is very good indeed. it was my first ever kit and it was exceptional! I'm fermenting john bull cider atm. So far i've tasted it and it's a nice dry cider in the making!:thumb:

Latest posts

Back