Best prices for spraymalt?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hong

Reaction score
Went down to my local HBS other day to price some dark spray malt for a Coopers stout i am planning, & for a 500grm bag it was £5.00! I am all in favour for supporting my local HBS but that would cost me £10.00 for spray malt alone! Surely this is expensive? Can anyone recommend any online spraymalt suppliers for a better price? Might even try 500grm spraymalt & a jar or 2 of Holland & Barrets malt extract.

hi , your right that is expensive . The home brew company (top of this page click on picture link) sells 3kg of spray malt for £14 , thats £16 less !! ok postage on top but still gonna be better :thumb:

My LHBS is expensive for that sort of stuff too.

In general they are around a pound or 2 more expensive on kits and on the smaller consumables, considerably more expensive.
I think it's due to suply and demand, the owner of ours told me that he got a load of different yeasts in on request from a few guys and most of it ended up going out of date as the guys never bought it regularly enough for him to make it a viable stock item.

Alot of the LHBS don't sell the quantities that the bigger organisations do and if like my LHBS they don't do internet sales (the guy running it is about 70) then they have to hike their prices up just to keep ticking over.
I buy my kits and other odd bits from him, he is a pound or 2 more expensive than on the net, but i don't have to pay for delivery so it ends up being £3 to £4 cheaper in the long run, and there's plenty of banter and advice too.

Andy

http://www.berkshirehomebrew.com/shop/p ... &page=Beer

They have free delivery I placed an order for something else today, will let you know how smooth the transaction is.

Odd thing was that after placing the order paypal tried to redirect to a page that doesn't exist so I phoned them. Everything is fine but it was slightly disconcerting, hopefully they will sort out that little glitch on the web ordering but the chap seemed really pleasant on the phone.

Back