BIAB Bag

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my mum to do mine, I think she just used standard white thread.... dont ask me what it is tho (cotton??) :whistle:

Just a thought. Whilst Ive been reading about this...everywhere and till my eyes bleed :lol: ........ quite a few of the biab'ers dont seem to sew the bag at all. They just drape the fabric over the pot and then pull it together when its time to remove.

They reckon its easier to clean etc. ???

Barticus said:
Just a thought. Whilst Ive been reading about this...everywhere and till my eyes bleed :lol: ........ quite a few of the biab'ers dont seem to sew the bag at all. They just drape the fabric over the pot and then pull it together when its time to remove.

They reckon its easier to clean etc. ???

I tried that a few times before I had my bag made. It was definately possible but I found I had to use a larger amount of material, as it ends up a bit bunched up, which also made it a bit awkard for stiring & tying back over the top of the pot. I'd say little difference in terms of cleaning tbh

Back