Birra moretti clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have a traipse through my downloaded PDF brewing books. I have a feeling I may have come across one before in something like 'How to brew 200 commercial beers'. Failing that, I have a book by Charlie Papazian about his worldwide journeys. He goes to Italy so there is at least one recipe for an Italian beer. Can't promise it will be a lager though.

Sorry, bruh, no luck with the books. If you go to PDFdrive.com, you can download 200 commercial beers recipes. Might be something in there that you think is similar to Moretti 🤷‍♂️

Are there no recipes on the likes of brewers friend or beersmith? I mean, take them with a pinch of salt but something to start you off?

Sorry, bruh, no luck with the books. If you go to PDFdrive.com, you can download 200 commercial beers recipes. Might be something in there that you think is similar to Moretti 🤷‍♂️

Are there no recipes on the likes of brewers friend or beersmith? I mean, take them with a pinch of salt but something to start you off?
Never heard of brewers friend but just seen a recipe on that 👍.
I don't have beersmith because I have brewfather so not going to pay for 2 packages. Thanks for the heads up. Brewfather recipes adjust based on what brewing equipment you are using so I'll have to look at brewers friend more.
Thanks.

My current lager recipe is in my opinion a long way towards Birra Moretti, in that the Lager yeast I use is AEB Fermolager W Yeast (Made in Italy). I am only taking a guess that this is the same strain that they use as it is made in Italy and supplies commercial breweries as well as home brew packs in the UK / Ireland.
I Only do a single step mash, with roughly 80% Pilsner malt, and 20% Light Munich.

I have had thoughts on whether to add some melanoidin to the mix to give more depth and maltiness like a decoction mash....maybe next time ?

AEB is sold through "Get er brewed"

All the best,
David.

Latest posts

Back