Black Jack Brew Tap!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darcey

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hello All!

From Friday 2nd- Sunday 4th of August the brewery is having an outdoor brew tap! Bolted on to the Marble Arch 125 year Birthday beer festival we are holding one just down the road in Manchester as well.

If you want to go to the Marble Arch beer festival see http://www.marblebeers.com and look at the beer festival page as its ticketed for all evenings but you do get a glass!

We are not ticketing but you don't get a glass but your welcome to use your glass from the Arch, bring your own or use the lovely plastic glasses we have to use! We should at any one point have 16 keg ales, 6-8 cask, 2 keg (not strongbow etc.. good stuff) ciders and some other bits and pieces.

Black Jack Brewery will be show casing 6 cask lines all weekend and various kegs. Other brewerys that will be on: Moor, Arbour, Harbour, Wild Beer, London Fields, Bollington, Camden Town, Kernel, Weird Beard, Magic Rock, Quantum.. and others..

The Arch will have aprox 20x Cask and 20x kegs on at any one time. Also the brewers from many of the beers featured at the arch will be there to talk about their products and get you to buy them a pint these include HB's of: Fullers, Dark Star (Ex HB now), Buxton, Marble UK, Marble USA, Kernel, Quantum, Boggart and more!).

At the Black Jack Brew Tap while the brewery will be off limits to the drunken crowds by asking nicely you are more than welcome to have a look around as long as we are not too busy serving or drinking and ask any questions you may have to our head brewer or myself if I can help. If people want me to put some brewery yeast aside before hand I can do that (but as said before its a first come basis and its unwashed yeast email [email protected] for details).

We are looking at running these every month and next month will be a homebrew face off in the brewery yard. But once I have sorted the T&C's i'll post about that.

Black-Jack-Brew-Tap-.png

map-black-jack.png

Website only launched today so I'll post when its fully updated with beer list and actual goings on tickets/tokens etc.
http://jukejointbar.co.uk/events/20...e-joint-at-marble-arch-birthday-beer-festival

Also if anyone that's poured a pint before wants to help out I am sure we can sling you a beer or two as payment. Or if we are really busy when you turn up don't be afraid to ask to help.

I hope to see you there! :thumb:

D

Sounds like an excellent way to spend a day over the weekend. I'll try and get down on the Saturday for this :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

stevela said:
Sounds like an excellent way to spend a day over the weekend. I'll try and get down on the Saturday for this :)

More than welcome.

At some point there will be a brewday as well but we are not sure when yet. Depends on various things!

Anyone fancy digging out 300kg of spent grains! I am sure the HB will provide some beer!

I am not sure what days I am attending. Definitely Friday and most likely Sunday. We are also having some pop up food as well. Looking like a 'game' bbq with vegie options Friday/Sat and 'gastro' burgers on the Sunday. I will confirm and update the website and link when we know!

Ahhh, such a shame I'm too far away. :(

I would have gladly dug out the mash tun and pulled pints.

We are doing it again. I'll give more warning next time!

D :thumb:

If we are going for the 50's stereotype.. Central Manchester does have plenty of shopping opportunitys...

you swine darcy! :(

im in europe with the bike club that weekend :doh:

i really wish i could go, thats some of the best beer in the country :clap:

critch said:
you swine darcy! :(

im in europe with the bike club that weekend :doh:

i really wish i could go, thats some of the best beer in the country :clap:

This is just a warm up! Doing more over the coming months. More notice next time I promise :thumb: .

D

Will be trying to attend, its getting hardee to swing these things by the wife these days

Looks like I'll be in town for a few drinks this evening so should be heading down your direction (assuming everyone else agrees!). Do we need to get tickets from the Marble first or just go straight to the brewery?

Hello all! Been a busy weekend so far! Lots of work building all the stuff needed.

Thanks to Stevela for popping down. Very nice to meet you! :thumb:

We are open today as well from 12-9 (thats what the licence says anyway).

Still plenty of beers to try 15 Keg Ale, 1 Keg Cider and 5 on cask!

Looks like there is plenty to be doing as last night was a late one!

We are also open every weekend in Aug as the temporary events licence has been granted for the next few weekends. Im off to South Africa next week so I wont be here but they chaps will look after you if you come down!

Hope to see some of you later.

D :thumb:

Fantastic night out although not so great Saturday morning (those halves sneak up on you) :drink:

Great to meet you Darcey and many thanks for the brewery tour, we will definitely be back down over the next few weeks as I can't get enough of the Mosaic!

Back