Blowtie V2 spunding valve

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like your conical fermenter is not suitable for pressure fermenting.
A spunding valve should only be used if the fermenter is suitable for pressure fermenting.
I'm not trying to pressure ferment, I just keep a little head pressure for easier racking at the end. It can hold around 2 psi, which does this job.

Thank you for clarifying. On this basis, it appears it doesn't matter!
Although gas and liquid posts look pretty much identical they are very slightly different in size. Gas posts will have a slight notch cut into the hexagon to identify them.
They both work in the same way but it's important that you use the correct disconnect for the type of post.
It's also advisable to put a little touch of keg lube around the o ring area of the post.

Although gas and liquid posts look pretty much identical they are very slightly different in size. Gas posts will have a slight notch cut into the hexagon to identify them.
They both work in the same way but it's important that you use the correct disconnect for the type of post.
It's also advisable to put a little touch of keg lube around the o ring area of the post.
If they work in the same way, why is it important?

Because they are slightly different size ! If you use the wrong disconnect it will probably go on and work. But it may be difficult to get off.
Ahhh ok thank you. When you said size, for some reason I read this as shape like when you mentioned the notches! Doyyy.

Latest posts

Back