Boel itap - Did Boel go bust

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a Boel itap a few months ago to replace my very frustrating last straw bottler. The iTap is an amazing piece of kit, significantly easier to use and much less messy than the last straw.
I made a pretty crude stand for it and been trying to buy the proper Boel stand but it has been out of stock everywhere for months. Boels own store is out of stock of every item it has, leading me to believe they have gone out of business. Anyone know whats happening with them? I know there were issues around them being Russian owned but thought they moved operations to Portugal.

No, it’s Russian so uk suppliers not importing. You can buy via their site shipped from Portugal or eBay shipped via Ukraine.

I’ve just opened a 2019 Xmas stout, it’s kept perfectly.

ooof, shipping from Ukraine is pricy. I'm looking for a crown cap clamp as I have the iTap with PET clamp.

If anyone else is making an order then maybe might be able to reduce shipping costs if we pool orders together?

I need a swing top clamp. Happy to share the costs but with onwards shipping and risk of it getting lost it may not be with the hassle.

The collar for my PET bottles has a metal insert which is the part that actually locates under the flange and applies the pressure upto the tap seal as you lock the collar in place. I assume it is there for wear resistance as the pressure is reasonably firm and would cause too much wear against a plastic face. Not sure if its the same for the other bottle styles.

Looks the same apart from they didn’t purge the bottle, just pressurised it. I think you are supposed to undo the nut and flow CO2 in and out to flush.

Back