Bones oatmeal stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homers brew

Reaction score
Having recieved a bottle of bones stout and promising a review, although I'm not too experienced in this here is my best shot.

IMAG0113.jpg

Opening the bottle gave only a small pfffftttt and was pleasantly suprised when it poured beatifully with a perfet creamy very tight white head on an extremely dark beer. The head did dissipate quite quickly - but maybe I should've drank quicker as I did linger over it for a while.

Subtle roasted smells, erm, smells like stout, all malt, no distinct hoppiness. Not too heavy, quite easy drinking for a stout, in fact very easy drinking and very smooth.

Nice smooth roasted/ coffee/ cereal tastes coming through, slight biscuity(?) aftertaste.

Overall, a really easy drinking smooth stout, pleasant tasting, not strong in any particular taste, quite difficult to provide comments as tastes are all so subtle. I'd happily throw a few down my neck.

Thanks for the review Homer.... :thumb:

I also have a few last night :drink: :drink: :drink:

For those of you guys that like a dark beer would recomend doing some sort of Oatmeal Stout....

There are a few recipes listed in the THBF at the top of the page...

I have to say OS is my favourite pint at the moment only got 8 bottles of the effin OS left. My elderberry OS was cracking as well apart from being flat as a witches T*t, oh well perhaps if I leave it for next Christmas it may be OK.

Cheers

AG

Oh God no that is our spiritual leader :lol: :lol: Aleman, I just borrowed his recipe I thought I should credit him with it though. This is a link to my foray into the darkside.

As all my brewing gear is in storage awaiting a house move looks like i'm going to have to make a trip to my local Beer Supermarket and get some bottles of Oatmeal Stout and check out what all the fuss is about.

Latest posts

Back