Bourbon soaked Cocoa nibs in stout kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerandpizza

Reaction score
Evening all, I’ve picked up a 300g bag of cocoa nibs and I’m thinking of soaking them in bourbon for a week and then adding to a St. Peter cream stout kit. Is there any reason why this wouldn’t be a good idea? If not when would be the best time to add them do you think?

Interesting idea. I've done oak barrel chips soaked in bourbon, but never tried for cocoa nibs. I'd add it after fermentation is complete. How much are you planning to put in?

I have two packets of 250g I got on a bogof. I thought I might soak one in bourbon and then Chuck the rest in as is.

I bought a couple of packets banana chips for the same purpose and thought about soaking those in rum!

I would say that's too much (unless thats what you are going for). I'd go for about 100g in 19L final volume

Ok. Thanks. First time doing something like this and I don’t want to ruin it so maybe I’ll hold back and just use 100g of the nibs and strain off the liquor and add that too

Thats where I'd start. You can always add more. Taste it after few days and decide if you want more..

Currently doing so for my stout and it smells wonderful 🥰
BBC79CA3-47C4-4349-A9C3-92D7DF4958E6.jpeg

Latest posts

Back