Brew Day!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryF

Brew Numpty
Reaction score
I'm bottling my misl-labelled Black Rock Whispering Wheat beer today, I had an SG:1064 - FG:1006. I'm really pleased with the 91% attenuation from the Maribrew 514 but at 7.8% I think I may just have overdone it bit chucking in the 1kg of BE and 175g of honey. Still, what I'm tasting in the sample tube is nice enough so it won't go to waste. I'll be re-pitching from the trub into a Wilko Hoppy Copper, it's not the best kit in the world or the worst, reading the reviews on it. I do like taking a cheap kit and trying to make something special of it. I'm going to try to perk it up a bit with 1kg BE, 100g honey (learned my lesson) and 30g of East Kent Golding pellets on a 20m boil and then tea and bag added to the FV I may even dry hop this one, I'll see what's in the freezer before I decide with what. Right, I'd better crack on, I've had a late start but I will have the rugby on the radio at 2.30 and those bottles won't wash themselves.

Back